Patrick E. Carr co-founded the firm with his father, Eugene Carr, in 1973. He has been the principal attorney in the firm since his father’s passing in 1992. His practice is concentrated in cases involving brain injury, wrongful death and insurance bad faith.
He has tried and argued cases in every United States Federal District Court in Oklahoma, the United States Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit and numerous Oklahoma District Courts.
Pat is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court. He has successfully represented the firm’s clients in a number of states. He has served as a Judge on the Oklahoma Temporary Court of Appeals, as a member of the Rules of Professional Conduct Committee of the Oklahoma Bar Association, on the Board of Directors of the Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association as well as its Vice-President (2001) and President (2002).
He has also authored numerous articles in the area of tort law and has lectured and taught for both the Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association and the Oklahoma Bar Association. He has been involved in a number of published legal opinions.
He served in the Oklahoma Army National Guard, as an enlisted man, an infantry platoon leader and a station commander. He also served in the United States Army Reserves as an officer in a Civil Affairs unit. He has coached little league baseball and is interested in distance running and swimming. He plays the violin and studies biographies and history. Pat and his wife married in 1975 and have three adult sons. One son, Michael E. Carr, is an attorney at Carr & Carr.
1970 – Bachelor of Arts, History, (Special Distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, Top Ten Senior Men), College of Arts and Sciences, the University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma.
1973 – Juris Doctor, School of Law, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma.
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association
- Vice-President (2001)
- President (2002)
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Farmers Alliance Mut. Ins. Co. v. Salazar, 77 F.3d 1291, 64 USLW 2628 (10th Cir.(Okla.), Mar 12, 1996) (NO. 95-6111, 95-6119)
- Byus v. Mid-Century Ins. Co., 912 P.2d 845, 1996 OK 25 (Okla., Feb 27, 1996) (NO. 81,340)
- Kastning v. Melvin Simon & Associates, Inc., 876 P.2d 239, 1994 OK 68 (Okla., Jun 21, 1994) (NO. 78,664)
- Cummings v. Board of County Commissioners of Okmulgee County, 1993 OK CIV APP 136, 861 P.2d 997 (Okla.App. Div. 1, Aug 03, 1993) (NO. 79,879)
- Cannon v. Lane, 867 P.2d 1235, 16 Employee Benefits Cas. 2783, 1993 OK 40 (Okla., Mar 30, 1993) (NO. 79,224)
- Hardin v. Prudential Property and Cas. Co., 1992 OK CIV APP 42, 839 P.2d 206 (Okla.App. Div. 3, Apr 07, 1992) (NO. 77,054)
- Beard v. Richards, 820 P.2d 812, 1991 OK 117 (Okla., Nov 12, 1991) (NO. 71,007)
- Steeples v. Time Ins. Co., 139 F.R.D. 688 (N.D.Okla., Sep 30, 1991) (NO. 91-C-0064-C)
- Haynes v. South Community Hosp. Management, Inc., 1990 OK CIV APP 40, 793 P.2d 303 (Okla.App. Div. 3, May 22, 1990) (NO. 70,507)
- Tuck v. United Services Auto. Ass’n, 732 F.Supp. 100 (N.D.Okla., Dec 15, 1989) (NO. 83-C-175C)
- McClelland v. Harvie Kothe-Ed Rieman, Post No. 1201, Veterans of the Foreign Wars of U.S., Inc., 770 P.2d 569, 1989 OK 33 (Okla., Mar 07, 1989) (NO. 64,079, 64,684, 69,621)
- Tuck v. United Services Auto. Ass’n, 859 F.2d 842 (10th Cir.(Okla.), Oct 14, 1988) (NO. 85-2770)
- Vance By and Through Vance v. Thomas, 1986 OK CIV APP 3, 716 P.2d 710 (Okla.App., Mar 04, 1986) (NO. 63,399)
- Mann v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., 698 P.2d 925, 67 A.L.R.4th 71, 1985 OK 27 (Okla., Apr 16, 1985) (NO. 52,672, 53,770)
- Lee v. D.P. Bonham Transfer, 1984 OK CIV APP 42, 695 P.2d 887 (Okla.App. Div. 4, Sep 04, 1984) (NO. 61791)
- Mann v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., 669 P.2d 768, 1983 OK 84 (Okla., Sep 13, 1983) (NO. 52672, 53770)