A deadly outbreak of Listeria poisoning has spread across the United States, including Oklahoma, involving people becoming poisoned by eating cantaloupes that are tainted with listeria.
A recall of the cantaloupes has already been issued. The cantaloupes are believed to have come from Jensen Farms, a cantaloupe producer in Colorado.
Many of the deaths that have occurred so far involve the elderly who are especially vulnerable to Listeria poisoning. Listeria can also cause miscarriages.
Although listeria poisoning affects most people with mild cases of diarrhea, others can suffer graver consequences such as meningitis and damage to muscle and spinal tissue. The physical effects from listeria poisoning may not show up for weeks after initial exposure.
If you believe you or a loved one have been poisoned by Listeria from cantaloupes, you may be entitled to compensation. Please contact the Arkansas and Oklahoma cantaloupe listeria poison lawyers at Carr & Carr Attorneys to receive a free consultation. We have offices in Tulsa, Oklahoma City and Northwest Arkansas and can meet with you wherever you may be.
- Zinc Poisoning Possible From Denture Creams
- Recall: 7 Crib Manufacturers Recall Cribs Due To Entrapment, Suffocation and Fall Hazards
- Recall: GE Food Processors Due To Safety Interlock System
- Recall: Baby Bassinets by Kolcraft Due To Fall Hazard
- Recall: 23,000 Infant Car Seats Recalled Due to Choking and Laceration Hazards