The high-powered magnets known as Buckyballs have been discontinued by their manufacturer, after a lawsuit by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The CPSC estimated that in the past three years 1,700 people have been hospitalized after ingesting the tiny magnets. Ingesting the super magnets can cause severe internal damage or even death. Swallowing two or more is especially dangerous because the magnets attract each other in the intestines, possibly causing blockages, tissue damage and even perforation.
If your child has swallowed one or more of these ultra-strong magnets — including Buckyballs, Nanospheres, Neocubes, Magnicube, Nanodots or Zen Magnets — an suffered significant damage, you need to talk with a personal injury attorney right away. The Oklahoma and Arkansas personal injury attorneys at Carr & Carr are experienced in helping families of children who have been injured due to unsafe products. Email us or call 1-877-392-4878 for a free consultation to discuss your next steps. Our attorneys serve clients from our offices in Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and Springdale/Northwest Arkansas. We can help you no matter where you live.
- Removed From Market?: Buckyballs And Buckycubes Due To Safety Hazard
- Super Magnets’ Fate To Be Determined; Comment On CPSC Website
- Three-year-old Girl Swallows 37 High-powered Magnets
- Recall: Baby Bassinets by Kolcraft Due To Fall Hazard
- Safer Packaging Urged For Laundry Detergent Pods