Winter is upon us and so is winter weather. In Oklahoma, it is common to have snowstorms and ice storms. Slip and falls on ice or snow are common occurrences in the winter. Injuries resulting from a slip and fall on a snowy or icy sidewalk can be serious. These injuries are expensive to care for, especially if they are severe.
Between the medical bills and lost wages, an injury can change your life. If your slip and fall injuries were caused by negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. It’s important to contact a slip and fall attorney to see if you have a case.
What To Do If You Slip and Fall on Ice or Snow:
If an accident occurs where you slip and fall on ice or snow, what do you do after? It is important to follow these 5 steps:
- Seek medical attention. Your health needs to be your number one priority. See a doctor promptly to document the injuries.
- Report the accident. It does not matter where the incident happened, report it to a manager or owner. Request a copy of the written incident report for your records.
- Speak to witnesses. Collect names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for all witnesses.
- Take photos. With slip and falls on ice, the evidence will melt away. You need to take photos of the area where the incident happened and the surrounding areas.
- Preserve your shoes and clothing as they may serve as evidence later.
- Call an attorney. The attorneys at Carr and Carr Attorneys have dealt with slip and fall cases and have the knowledge, expertise and success record to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Statute of Limitations For Slip and Fall Claims
Various laws, regulations, and cases establish time limits or deadlines to file lawsuits and do other things to pursue claims in our legal system. Failure to meet these deadlines will result in the loss of important rights to collect damages and to receive other important help from our legal system. Carr and Carr Attorneys at Law are aware of the different statutes and can help you stay aware of these deadlines.
If you have suffered injury because of the negligent, reckless, or intentional conduct of an individual, corporation, or public entity, our personal injury lawyers at Carr & Carr are advocates for injury victims.
Our law firm is committed to holding individuals and entities accountable for unsafe acts and intentional misconduct that harms others.
We have offices located in Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and Northwest Arkansas in Springdale, so call us today at 866-510-0580 to schedule your free consultation.