Please join us for the Carr and Carr Attorneys 3rd annual backpack drive. We teamed up with 2 Cares for the Community to host a backpack drive on July 20th at the 2 News studios at 3701 S. Peoria Drive | Tulsa, OK to benefit The Pencil Box.
As students get ready to go back to school, many families cannot afford to get their children the basics. The Pencil Box’s mission is every child deserves the supplies they need to succeed in school. Our mission is to maximize the academic potential of underserved students, equalize the learning experience and give hope for a brighter future by offering school supplies, educational tools, and incentive items necessary for successful learning.
2021 school supply impact study:
- 70% of Tulsa public-school students arrive on the first day of school without the necessary supplies;
- 78% percent of Tulsa public-school students do not have adequate school supplies at home to complete homework;
- 82% percent of Tulsa public-school students’ families are unable to replenish supplies when exhausted.
The goals of Pencil Box:
- Ensure every child in Tulsa County has the school supplies needed for school success.
- Offer students hope for tomorrow by empowering them for success today.
- Provide a wide variety of materials that support successful learning and enrichment.
- Grow the organization to support all qualifying schools in Tulsa County.
- Reduce the out-of-pocket financial burden many public school teachers face.
Since 1973 Carr and Carr have served the Oklahoma community. We hope you will join us and donate to help our local Tulsa students be prepared to return to school.