Michael Thelen was born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska, by attorney parents. Michael attended Creighton University in Omaha, graduating with a degree in Financial Analysis. Michael then completed his legal studies at Creighton University School of Law. While in law school, Michael was involved in the Client Counseling & Negotiations Board, eventually serving as President in his final year. While in law school, Michael had clerkships at multiple county attorney offices, an insurance company, and a bankruptcy firm.
Upon graduation, Michael moved to Chicago, where he worked as an associate attorney at a bankruptcy start-up, helping people navigate the bankruptcy process with the goal of making life post-bankruptcy a period of rehabilitation and improvement from prior life occurrences. Michael also spent a number of years in management at a legal services consulting firm, working with Fortune 500 companies on an array of contracts, compliance, and legal analytics projects. Michael also worked part-time as an Associate with a boutique law firm that represented insurance companies involved in complex corporate bankruptcy petitions filed by their insureds.
Outside of work, Michael enjoys exploring new places, playing golf, cheering on the Creighton Bluejays, and spending time with his wife, Renée, and their pug, Felix.
- Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska, 2013. BSBA, Financial Analysis. Member of Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska, 2016. Juris Doctor
- David Christian Attorneys LLC, Chicago, Illinois. Associate
- DWF Mindcrest, Chicago, Illinois. Assistant Project Manager
- UpRight Law, Chicago, Illinois. Associate Attorney
- John Turco & Associates, PC LLO
- Jorgenson, Reed, & Vandenbosch LLC – Senior-Certified Law Clerk
- Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company – Compliance Clerk
- Broward County (FL) State Attorney Office
- Sarpy County (NE) Attorney Office