Michael E. Carr is a third-generation lawyer who joined the family business in 2009. He graduated with distinction from the University of Oklahoma, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Administration. He earned a Juris Doctor degree at Oklahoma City University School of Law.
He has handled cases across the country and prosecuted numerous cases involving serious injury and death caused by negligent individuals and companies. Michael has litigated a variety of cases ranging from automobile collisions to complex product liability.
He has successfully represented clients against major corporations such as Wal-Mart, the Ford Motor Company, and a variety of insurance companies. He has taken numerous cases to trial and achieved many settlements and verdicts, some of which include:
- Semi-truck turned in front of motorcycle on a highway, causing the death of the motorcycle driver. Recovery of $3.525 million.
- Semi-truck improperly backed onto a highway, causing another vehicle to impact the semi-truck and causing the death of the occupant. Recovery of $1 million insurance policy limit.
- Defectively designed dresser tipped over and killed 2-year-old child. Confidential settlement.
- Defectively manufactured firework exploded prematurely, seriously injuring a firefighter. Settlement of $850,000.
- Semi-truck driver ignored a traffic control device and collided head-on with a passenger vehicle. Policy limit settlement of $680,000.
- Defectively manufactured food processor began operating unexpectedly, causing injury to a woman’s finger. $500,000 recovery.
- A family’s truck caught on fire due to a design defect in the truck. $500,000 recovery.
- A negligent driver pulled out in front of a motorcycle driver who was escorting a funeral procession. Post-jury verdict settlement of $200,000.
Michael and his wife married in 2006 and they happily reside in Tulsa with their daughter, Eleanor, and son, Daniel. In his free time, he enjoys coaching his daughter’s basketball team and volunteering for social causes.