Pat was born and raised in Oklahoma. He and his wife married in 1975 and have three adult sons and four grandchildren. He graduated from high school in Tulsa and from the University of Oklahoma with Special Distinction.
He obtained his law degree from the University of Oklahoma School Of Law. He is admitted to practice law in Oklahoma, Arkansas, each of the United States District Courts in Oklahoma, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
In school, Pat was on the tennis team and ran cross country. He now runs long distances and has run marathons in Oklahoma, California, and Texas. He plays the violin and studies biographies and history. He also studies the effect of nutrition and diet on health and longevity.
He served in the Oklahoma Army National Guard, as an enlisted man, an infantry platoon leader and a station commander. He also served in the United States Army Reserves as an officer in a Civil Affairs unit.
Pat and his father, Eugene, started Carr & Carr Attorneys at Law in 1973. They practiced together until Eugene’s death in 1992. The firm continued as a sole proprietorship until Pat’s son, Michael, joined the firm in 2010 and became a partner.
Pat has served as a Judge on the Oklahoma Temporary Court of Appeals, as a member of the Rules of Professional Conduct Committee of the Oklahoma Bar Association, on the Board of Directors of the Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association as well as its Vice-President (2001) and President (2002).
He is a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association, the Arkansas Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the Oklahoma Association for Justice, the American Bar Association and other groups related to the practice of law.
He has authored numerous articles in the area of tort law and has lectured and taught for both the Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association and the Oklahoma Bar Association. He has been involved in a number of published legal opinions.
Pat has represented clients in a wide range of cases. He has obtained multi-million dollar settlements in cases involving defective products, medical malpractice, railroad grade crossings, insurance bad faith and vehicle collisions.
He has represented clients who have lost loved ones, suffered serious brain injuries, paralyzing spinal cord injuries, post-traumatic stress, and other traumatic injuries.
- Farmers Alliance Mut. Ins. Co. v. Salazar, 77 F.3d 1291, 64 USLW 2628 (10th Cir.(Okla.), Mar 12, 1996) (NO. 95-6111, 95-6119)
- Byus v. Mid-Century Ins. Co., 912 P.2d 845, 1996 OK 25 (Okla., Feb 27, 1996) (NO. 81,340)
- Kastning v. Melvin Simon & Associates, Inc., 876 P.2d 239, 1994 OK 68 (Okla., Jun 21, 1994) (NO. 78,664)
- Cummings v. Board of County Commissioners of Okmulgee County, 1993 OK CIV APP 136, 861 P.2d 997 (Okla.App. Div. 1, Aug 03, 1993) (NO. 79,879)
- Cannon v. Lane, 867 P.2d 1235, 16 Employee Benefits Cas. 2783, 1993 OK 40 (Okla., Mar 30, 1993) (NO. 79,224)
- Hardin v. Prudential Property and Cas. Co., 1992 OK CIV APP 42, 839 P.2d 206 (Okla.App. Div. 3, Apr 07, 1992) (NO. 77,054)
- Beard v. Richards, 820 P.2d 812, 1991 OK 117 (Okla., Nov 12, 1991) (NO. 71,007)
- Steeples v. Time Ins. Co., 139 F.R.D. 688 (N.D.Okla., Sep 30, 1991) (NO. 91-C-0064-C)
- Haynes v. South Community Hosp. Management, Inc., 1990 OK CIV APP 40, 793 P.2d 303 (Okla.App. Div. 3, May 22, 1990) (NO. 70,507)
- Tuck v. United Services Auto. Ass’n, 732 F.Supp. 100 (N.D.Okla., Dec 15, 1989) (NO. 83-C-175C)
- McClelland v. Harvie Kothe-Ed Rieman, Post No. 1201, Veterans of the Foreign Wars of U.S., Inc., 770 P.2d 569, 1989 OK 33 (Okla., Mar 07, 1989) (NO. 64,079, 64,684, 69,621)
- Tuck v. United Services Auto. Ass’n, 859 F.2d 842 (10th Cir.(Okla.), Oct 14, 1988) (NO. 85-2770)
- Vance By and Through Vance v. Thomas, 1986 OK CIV APP 3, 716 P.2d 710 (Okla.App., Mar 04, 1986) (NO. 63,399)
- Mann v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., 698 P.2d 925, 67 A.L.R.4th 71, 1985 OK 27 (Okla., Apr 16, 1985) (NO. 52,672, 53,770)
- Lee v. D.P. Bonham Transfer, 1984 OK CIV APP 42, 695 P.2d 887 (Okla.App. Div. 4, Sep 04, 1984) (NO. 61791)
- Mann v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., 669 P.2d 768, 1983 OK 84 (Okla., Sep 13, 1983) (NO. 52672, 53770)
- 1970 – Bachelor of Arts, History, (Special Distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, Top Ten Senior Men), College of Arts and Sciences, the University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma.
- 1973 – Juris Doctor, School of Law, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma.