Scales of Justice

Should I See A Doctor After A Car Wreck?

Tap for a

You’re driving along, explaining to your grandkids how you know exactly what is in a Big Mac (from the jingle that’s been in your head for 25 years) when you glance in your rear view mirror.  It’s too late to avoid – all you can see is the way-too-close hood of a big SUV.  In a split second, you brace for the impact and everything that happens next.

Of course, your immediate concern should be to check occupants of all vehicles for injuries and call 9-1-1 for emergency medical care.  However, it’s important to know that not all injuries are obvious nor do they appear immediately.  Some injuries, such as bone fractures or bulging discs may not be apparent immediately due to pain caused by muscle and tissue injury. This pain can sometimes mask other symptoms, which would be properly diagnosed by your doctor.   Sometimes, the pain may not start to bother you until a few days after your wreck.  And even a fender bender can cause serious injuries.

In the days after an accident, if you experience neck or back pain, or any other unexplained health difficulties, you should contact your family physician or the proper specialist as soon as possible.  Neck and back pain can be related to soft tissue injuries, such as muscle strains and sprains.   A qualified medical doctor can not only diagnose your health problem and determine the best course for treatment, but he or she can also be a valuable witness on your behalf if a case were to go to trial.

Additionally, it is important that you follow your physician’s instructions and attend all scheduled appointments.  Failure to do so may delay your recovery and, if the wreck goes to trial you could be blamed by the insurance company for not assisting in your treatment plan.

Some people mistakenly believe that their insurance claim will be more valuable if they intentionally exaggerate their illness.  This is simply not true, in addition to being insurance fraud.

If you or a loved one has been in a car wreck, email the Oklahoma and Arkansas personal injury attorneys at Carr & Carr or call 866-510-0580.  With compassionate and experienced lawyers, Carr & Carr can help you determine what your next step should be.

Free Consultation (918) 747-1000
  • Do I Have a Case?

    Fill in the form below and we will get in touch with you shortly.

  • Drop files here or
    Max. file size: 50 MB, Max. files: 5.
    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

    Main Locations

    Other Locations

    (888) 310-2001, (888) 411-4550, (918) 550-8810, (918) 900-6477, (405) 300-0999, (405) 400-9935, (405) 225-3033, (405) 437-0063, (888) 640-5870, (888) 445-2550, 888-575-0008, (888) 261-4499, (888) 375-7844, (888) 566-5370, (888) 849-8787