Scales of Justice

Oil Field Injuries

Tap for a

Oklahoma is Oil Country. As one of America’s top oil and natural gas-producing states in the country, roughly one-quarter of all jobs in Oklahoma are tied to the energy industry.

Oklahoma’s oil and fracking industry employs many hard-working people. However, it’s also a dangerous industry simply because of the environment and the nature of the work.

If you’ve been injured in an oil field, fracking, or gas rig accident, workers’ compensation benefits are your first line of defense. However, you may be able to recover additional damages.

Call (866) 510-0580 to talk to the experienced team of workers’ compensation attorneys at Carr & Carr, and learn more about oil field injuries below.

Workplace Injuries and Fatalities in Oklahoma

Oklahoma’s rate of occupational injuries is slightly higher than the national average, partly due to the number of workers in the oil and gas industry.

In fact, mining, oil, and gas extraction were industries with the highest rates of workplace fatalities in 2017, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Oil field and fracking workers work with constantly moving industrial equipment that can weigh thousands of pounds. Heavy equipment failures, poor training, improper use of machinery, failure of safeguards, and human error can lead to severe injuries and even fatalities.

Oil field workers in Oklahoma may experience serious injuries such as:

  • Burns and injuries from explosions
  • Falls or falling objects
  • Equipment-related injuries
  • Repetitive-stress injuries
  • Crushed limbs or amputations
  • Loss of sight or hearing
  • Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
  • Wrongful death

If an injury or illness occurred during the course of your job duties, or as a result of your job as an oil field or fracking worker, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.

However, there may be situations where workers’ compensation doesn’t cover some or all of the medical bills after an oil field injury.

Determining Liability for Oil Field Injuries

When it comes to oil, gas, and fracking, employees can be injured for a number of reasons — not just human error or mistakes made by coworkers or management. Some injuries and fatalities in these fields are actually caused by negligence from a third party.

On an oil rig, there may be workers from several different companies on one job site at the same time. If you are injured due to the negligence of a worker from another company, you may be entitled to recover damages from their employer. If you’re injured due to a defective piece of equipment, the manufacturer of that product may be liable for damages.

When it comes to determining who is liable for your workplace injuries or illness, it’s not always as easy as it seems. It’s not always clear who you may be entitled to recover damages from due to a workplace injury. That’s where an experienced oil field accident attorney can help.

Workers’ Compensation Attorney for Injured Oil & Gas Workers

If you’ve been injured at work in an oil field or suffer from a fracking-related illness, a personal injury attorney at Carr & Carr will help you identify individuals or companies that are responsible.

Our team of injury attorneys can help you collect fair compensation from the responsible parties, which can cover medical expenses, wage replacement, or job retraining if necessary. We make sure the responsible party does the right thing.

Have you or someone you loved been injured in an oil field accident in Oklahoma? Contact an Oklahoma injury lawyer at Carr & Carr at (866) 510-0580. You can also follow Carr & Carr on Facebook for more resources and news. Our attorneys have offices in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, but we represent clients statewide.

Free Consultation (918) 747-1000
  • Do I Have a Case?

    Fill in the form below and we will get in touch with you shortly.

  • Drop files here or
    Max. file size: 50 MB, Max. files: 5.
    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

    Main Locations

    Other Locations

    (888) 310-2001, (888) 411-4550, (918) 550-8810, (918) 900-6477, (405) 300-0999, (405) 400-9935, (405) 225-3033, (405) 437-0063, (888) 640-5870, (888) 445-2550, 888-575-0008, (888) 261-4499, (888) 375-7844, (888) 566-5370, (888) 849-8787