A. Laurie Koller
With Carr & Carr since 2002, Laurie Koller has been the primary trial attorney for more than 70 jury trials in the state and federal courts.
Laurie is a faculty coordinator for the Keenan Ball College, a nationally recognized training facility for plaintiff’s trial lawyers. She is also a graduate of Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College, which is a three-week, intensive training boot camp for plaintiff’s attorneys. Laurie enhances her trial skills to benefit her clients by working with some of the best trial lawyers in the country. She is on the National Crime Victim Bar Association Advisory Board.
Raised in Tulsa, Laurie knew at eight years old that she wanted to be an attorney. She is a graduate of Booker T. High School, where her two sons also attended. She enjoys gardening, cooking and training her dogs.
- In the summer of 2016, Laurie received a significant settlement for a man who went to a hospital for knee surgery and ended up severely handicapped and unable to take care of himself. Because of Carr & Carr’s work, this man’s medical needs will now be taken care of.
- In the spring of 2016, Laurie and her team received a substantial settlement for a young woman who was sexually molested during her teen years by her church pastor.
- Laurie worked with a mother and father who lost their 17-year-old son in a car wreck. A liquor store sold him alcohol without asking for identification. The case settled during trial for $1.5 million. Additionally, the liquor store is now obligated to train all of its employees in how to prevent underage sales.
- Laurie helped a little girl and her family after the little girl was seriously abused at a church daycare. A Tulsa County jury returned a verdict of $2 million for the girl and her family.
- Laurie helped a former Marine who was badly injured when a tow truck crossed the center lane and hit his SUV head on. A Creek County jury returned a verdict of $5 million in favor of Carr & Carr’s client who sustained serious, permanent injuries.
- Teaming up with attorneys in our Oklahoma City office, Laurie helped six families whose children have suffered injury because of ingesting torch fuel. The families are from Florida, Iowa, Oklahoma, and Delaware.
- In Arkansas, Laurie recently was able to secure a significant settlement for the parents of a young girl who was killed in a car wreck that occurred in a construction zone.
- Laurie helped a woman whose insurance company had denied her request to have knee surgery. Acting contrary to Oklahoma law, the insurance company alleged that the client had completed the insurance application improperly. This bad faith case resulted in a significant settlement for Carr & Carr’s client.
- Working alongside Pat Carr on this Oklahoma City case, Laurie was able to assist a severely disabled woman and her family because the woman was twice denied life-saving care by emergency department physicians. In this medical malpractice case, because doctors did not recognize her heart attack symptoms, the woman suffered a massive heart attack which caused permanent, debilitating brain damage.
- 1988 – Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, cum laude with distinction, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- 1991 – Juris Doctor, School of Law, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina