Stephen A. Dotter started working with Carr & Carr in 2010 in our Oklahoma City office. Stephen works with clients primarily in the areas of civil litigation, representing families in cases that deal with personal injury, truck collisions, wrongful death, defective products, premise injuries, and insurance bad faith issues.
Previously associated with another local law firm for 14 years where he represented both plaintiffs and defendants, Stephen understands what defendants and their insurance companies look for when evaluating cases and will use this knowledge to maximize the value of your case.
Additionally, Stephen knows first-hand the legal needs of small business owners from nearly a decade of business management experience with the Merritt Sonic Restaurant Franchise in New Mexico.
Stephen is licensed to practice in all state courts in Oklahoma and the United States District Courts for the Western, Northern and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma.
When not practicing law, Stephen and his family enjoy trout fishing and time at the beach.
- 1995 – Bachelor of Arts, Political Science (Magna Cum Laude), University of New Mexico, Albuquerque
- 1998 – Juris Doctor, School of Law, Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Oklahoma Association for Justice
- Oklahoma Lawyers for Children
2010: Received $ 425,000 for client in municipality defective product/negligence action
2009: Received $ 450,000 for his clients from rehab facility on negligence claim
2000: Received $ 27,000 in jury verdict and fees award for client who was in minor car wreck with less than $2,000 in medical bills