Both models scored “Good” ratings in all crash categories. This includes the new passenger-side small overlap test, which replicates what happens when the right corner of a vehicle hits a tree, pole, or other object at 40 mph.
The crossovers also nabbed top ratings in front crash prevention. The autobrake systems of the two vehicles were able to avoid collisions in both 12-mph and 25-mph tests. Headlight ratings also came in “Good” for both models, but these scores only apply to LED headlights fitted to higher trim levels. The halogen lights on lower trims of the Santa Fe receive a score of “Marginal,” while the halogen lights on lower Ascents are rated “Poor.”
To qualify for the Top Safety Pick+ award, vehicles must earn good ratings in the driver-side small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength, and head restraint tests. They must also receive a minimum score of “Acceptable” on the passenger-side small overlap test, an “Advanced” or “Superior” rating in front crash prevention, and a “Good” headlight rating on the best available system for each model.
After the Crash – Auto Accidents Still Happen in the Safest of Vehicles
Even if you have chosen the safest car on the road, accidents happen. It is important for you to buy the right vehicle as well as know the steps for after an accident.
- Scene Safety – make sure you are clear from the roadway to avoid additional accidents
- Alert Authorities – Call 911 and alert the operator if you need medical attention
- Document with Photos – Take photos of your car, your injuries and the entire scene
- Witness Information – Collect contact information for any witnesses
- Insurance Information – Name, company, policy number, driver’s name, address, number
- Carr & Carr – Call Carr & Carr. We will partner with you through the first steps and be there for you through the entire process
Our lawyers understand the distinct needs and challenges faced by injury victims, and our law firm has built a record of success spanning more than 49 years based on our legal experience and individualized dedication to our clients.
With offices in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and northwest Arkansas, our attorneys are ready to help you when you need help most. We can arrange to meet you for a free, no-obligation consultation at your home, hospital room, or other convenient location.
Please call us today at 866-510-0580 or contact us online to tell us your story.