Scales of Justice

What to do if you Witness a Car Accident in Oklahoma

Tap for a

Although car accidents are common, rarely do people actually witness one.  If you happen to see a car accident, the first thing you must do is make sure you are safe.  Then, call 911 and report the car accident.  If it is safe, try and determine whether someone is in need of medical attention.  Lastly, try and wait for the police to show up as they will likely want to take a statement from you.  Too often, witnesses leave the scene of the collision and thus don’t offer valuable observations to police. This is especially important when there is a dispute about who caused the car accident.

If you can’t wait for the police to get to the scene of the car wreck, try and write down what you remember.  You can then call the police department later and tell them you witnessed a car accident and that you would like to submit your statement.  The offier will likely appreciate you doing so and your observations could make a difference on who an insurance company, or police officer, blame for causing the car wreck.

If you’ve been in an auto accident, you will need a lawyer who can help guide you through the process to ensure you receive a fair settlement. Contact Carr and Carr Attorneys. We do not charge you anything unless we are successful in obtaining you a settlement.  We have offices in both Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Northwest Arkansas.  If you can’t get to our office, we will be glad to come meet you wherever is convenient.



Free Consultation (918) 747-1000
  • Do I Have a Case?

    Fill in the form below and we will get in touch with you shortly.

  • Drop files here or
    Max. file size: 50 MB, Max. files: 5.
    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

    Main Locations

    Other Locations

    (888) 310-2001, (888) 411-4550, (918) 550-8810, (918) 900-6477, (405) 300-0999, (405) 400-9935, (405) 225-3033, (405) 437-0063, (888) 640-5870, (888) 445-2550, 888-575-0008, (888) 261-4499, (888) 375-7844, (888) 566-5370, (888) 849-8787