Scales of Justice

Recall: Honda Goldwing Motorcycles Due To Brake Problems

Tap for a

Honda and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) have issued a recall or approximately 126,000 Goldwing motorcycles made during the model years of 2001 through 2010 and 2012.  Honda has identified a problem with the secondary brake master cylinders of its GL1800 Goldwings.  This problem may cause the bike’s rear brakes to drag, increasing the risk of a wreck.  Additionally, riding a motorcycle with a stuck rear brake may generate enough heat to cause a dangerous fire.

In January, the company plans to start notifying affected Goldwing owners, asking them to bring their motorcycles to Honda dealers.  There, mechanics will inspect and, if necessary, likely replace the defective secondary master cylinder at no charge.  For more information on the recall, call Honda customer service toll-free at 866-784-1870.

If you or a loved one has been injured due to a defective Honda Goldwing or other motorcycle that has been recalled, call the Oklahoma product liability lawyers at Carr & Carr Attorneys.  Also, if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident that was due to someone else’s negligence, you should contact the Carr & Carr motorcycle wreck attorneys.  We can help you determine what steps you need to take to protect your rights.

Additionally, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, future medical bills, lost wages if you were required to be off work, and pain and suffering.  To speak with an attorney, email us or call 1-866-510-0580.

Free Consultation (918) 747-1000
  • Do I Have a Case?

    Fill in the form below and we will get in touch with you shortly.

  • Drop files here or
    Max. file size: 50 MB, Max. files: 5.
    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

    Main Locations

    Other Locations

    (888) 310-2001, (888) 411-4550, (918) 550-8810, (918) 900-6477, (405) 300-0999, (405) 400-9935, (405) 225-3033, (405) 437-0063, (888) 640-5870, (888) 445-2550, 888-575-0008, (888) 261-4499, (888) 375-7844, (888) 566-5370, (888) 849-8787