Scales of Justice

What Kind Of Car Insurance Do I Need?

Tap for a

Insurance can be confusing — details, abbreviations, exclusions.  It’s like learning another language.  But if that language translates to saving you money in the long term, it’s worth it to learn.  “Full coverage” is a frequently misunderstood term that appears to offer complete protection, but that’s not the case.

I’ve Got “Full Coverage” So I’m Fully Covered, Right?

Not necessarily.  If you think “full coverage” means you have adequate insurance, you might need to review your policy and its limitations.  “Full coverage” typically does not include uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM/UIM).  Remember, UM/UIM provides coverage for medical bills and pain and suffering when the other driver is uninsured or doesn’t have enough insurance.  This means if you are in an accident and the other person has little or no insurance and you failed to add UM/UIM, you could get stuck with expensive medical and repair bills, even if the wreck was not your fault.

What About The Other Guy’s Insurance?

Unfortunately, you can’t always count on “the other guy’s” insurance to be adequate.  The Insurance Research Council produced a study that analyzed the nation’s statistics for uninsured motorists throughout the country.  The study said that Oklahoma is indeed  one of  the worst rated states, with 24% of drivers on Oklahoma roads have no auto insurance. Unbelievably, that means about one out of every four drivers you see doesn’t have insurance.

What Should I Do?

To protect you and your family from UM/UIM drivers, make sure you purchase UM/UIM coverage.  Ask your insurance agent or company to add it to your policy today.  Don’t let anyone persuade you that you don’t need it.

For any insurance questions, please call us at 866-510-0580  and ask to talk with an attorney who can help with your concerns about Oklahoma insurance laws.  With offices in both Tulsa and Oklahoma City, Carr & Carr’s lawyers are available to serve you no matter where you live in the state.

Free Consultation (918) 747-1000
  • Do I Have a Case?

    Fill in the form below and we will get in touch with you shortly.

  • Drop files here or
    Max. file size: 50 MB, Max. files: 5.
    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

    Main Locations

    Other Locations

    (888) 310-2001, (888) 411-4550, (918) 550-8810, (918) 900-6477, (405) 300-0999, (405) 400-9935, (405) 225-3033, (405) 437-0063, (888) 640-5870, (888) 445-2550, 888-575-0008, (888) 261-4499, (888) 375-7844, (888) 566-5370, (888) 849-8787